How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 818
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have an hmo with 5 males in it. When the 5th man moved in

Customer Question

I have an hmo with 5 males in it. When the 5th man moved in 4 months ago things started to deteriorate. The new man ended up fighting with one of the men who has been in the property for 2 years. This man has never been a problem, is very pleasent & always pays his rent on time. All the other tenants have complained about the new man & his behaviour. He uses the kitchen at midnight, banging & crashing around & even turns the radio on loudly. He is inconsiderate to the other residents & is usually late paying rent. I wish to get this new man out of the property but my contract states I must give him 2months notice on the day that rent is due. The next rent payment is due on 1st Nov. Is there any way I can get him out earlier please? Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  LondonlawyerJ replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am a solicitor with 20 years experience. I will try to answer this for you.

I think the short answer to this is no. There are probably steps you can take in the case of nuisance but they would be expensive and take at least as long as giving him 2 months notice. If he commits a crime then he might get arrested and possibly have a bail condition preventing him from attending at the address.