How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Myself and partner at the time bought a council owned

Customer Question

myself and partner at the time bought a council owned property.
she was the registered tenant and thus became the only name on mortgage.
i have paid the mortgage although have no physical proof for last 15 years.
we have 3 children.
she hasn't lived or contributed to any house hold cost for last 5 years.
in short i am being told that i have no recall on the property.
surely i must be at least half owner?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please confirm:

-Are you/were you married to each other?

-Were there any formal agreements or deeds of trust between you regarding the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not married
no formal agreements
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have i just paid £38 to be asked a question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will copy your assistance to my friends on social media