How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12071
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have not paid school fees due to the school closing and

Customer Question

I have not paid school fees due to the school closing and the education during the last term not being consistent. Teachers looking for jobs and other pupils leaving etc. The owners are seeking payment and have sent me a final letter before action. They have made me a slightly reduced offer but I still do not see why I should pay for a service that was not fully provided. How should I reply to the letter. Clive Sambles
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You should write back, preferably via your solicitor, holding the school in breach of contract for not providing the service and education that you contracted for. If they sue you, you can defend the action on that basis but take legal advice on the specific facts relating to your situation. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.