How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10400
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

My father in law is moving into our home for "end of life

This answer was rated:

Good morning,
My father in law is moving into our home for "end of life care". He does have enough money in his estate to pay for a full time nursing care home package however, he would prefer to be cared for at home with either my wife or her sister. He wants to pay either my wife or my sister, what he would have paid the care home. Is he legally allowed to do this? Would there be any probate ramifications?
Thank you

How much money would he be giving you on a weekly/monthly basis?

What is the total value of all his assets?

Are all the siblings in agreement with this?

F E Smith and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The live in care cost is £1165 which is the same price as it would be from 2 other care companies.
Total value of assets is £350k house plus £70k cash assets
Yes siblings are in agreement though I would suggestion a legal document/contract would be essential to get their signed agreements.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that is £1165 a week.

I am trying to call as requested but get voicemail

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you try again please***********Thank you

still voicemail

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to call you if that is convenient?

We have to in itiate the call.