How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6453
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have a problem with my credit report due to a error by

This answer was rated:

hi i have a problem with my credit report due to a error by barclays bank they have promised to remove it and still haven't in the time frame they promised its seriously effecting my financial situation.can i sue them for this?thankyou

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i had a business account with them over 5 years ago which i closed at a cost at my expense' only to find last year that they had not filed it to the correct department and charged me the monthly fee for the remaining years which i did not owe them' in addition to this they filed a report against my name to experian saying i owe them £645. i went into the bank resolved the issue they admitted fault on there part and would remove this immediately also giving me £50 compensation.They still have not contacted experian credit report as promised and it has left be un able to proceed with my planned mortgage application.

Ok. You need to write to the bank and make a formal complaint, ask that it is removed within the next fourteen days or say you will go to court.

If they do not then you can issue proceedings using form part 8:

The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make the bank remove it. If the court does and they refuse this is contempt of court.

The data protection act says

14Rectification, blocking, erasure and destruction.

(1)If a court is satisfied on the application of a data subject that personal data of which the applicant is the subject are inaccurate, the court may order the data controller to rectify, block, erase or destroy those data and any other personal data in respect of which he is the data controller and which contain an expression of opinion which appears to the court to be based on the inaccurate data.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi sorry i have been ill i will do that what you advised and see if i can get a good result thank you

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you