How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6458
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have sought legal proceedings at the HIGH court and it was

This answer was rated:

Hello I have sought legal proceedings at the HIGH court and it was granted in my favour .The bailliffs/Sherrifs cannot access theperson who is proving elsusive and hiding refusing to answer the door..What options are available to me please advise if any thank you or hwat other instructions can i give the sherrif ?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A high Court judgment was made in my favour But baillifss cannot get answer at her door (avoiding the baillifs) as she is trying stalling and delay hoping i would give up..So far they have made numerous visits to the house but cannot gain an answer from the house. They say they will continue to visit occasionally But are hindered by not knowing any phone numbers (they have changed there numbers) What are my options if any please ? I was advised by the sherriffs to seek legal advice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has been orderered by the Court to repay monies owing of £800
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to take premium offer as have paid enough for this case and its complications
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this question require me to pay extra? I have paid the 38 pounds?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jamie where will i find the answer? on here or email ? Could you please advise?

Sorry I was just in Court.

Does she own the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh hello yes she does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought you had gone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? anyone there?

Ok - they cant force entry, its illegal. So if she is hiding there is nothing they can do.

But if you have Judgment you can enforce it against the property.

You apply using form N379:

The court will approve an interim order which you can register at the Land Registry using form RX1:

Then you can secure the debt and that way, force sale of property if they dont pay up.
This may be more effective.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jamie not sure if you are still there i was distracted by telephone..Maybe you could send any answers info to my email address please i would so appreciate it..thank you***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh have just found your reply ..thank you so much..I will venture to the direction you suggest

All the best.