How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I believe my x wife made COs against 3 houses in my name and

This answer was rated:

I believe my x wife made COs against 3 houses in my name and 1 in joint names 1980. We divorced 1983 and she remarried. There was no debt outstanding and no mortgages. If this is true how do I find out and get them removed.

Hi, thank you for your question. Firstly I would request that you obtain the title deed copies from the land registry which can be done here - the cost will be £3 each -

Once obtained it will tell you if there are any charges and if you can inform me what it states I can tell you how to apply to remove them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all the deeds at my house given to me by solicitors when I bought the houses.not like last 20ys automatically registered with land registry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I,m in Thailand until April. I had difficulty in finding your response on my iPad Ap so I signed in with Google . The writing on my phone was to small. From what your saying I don't think there are any charges unless a solicitor could do it to stop me selling any of the properties. If you can obtain copies of the titles of the deeds I hold I will gladly pay and provide adds and post codes.

No, I cannot obtain the title deeds but you can do these easily online by checking here:

It will cost you £3 for each title and you can check what charges, if any are on there. If you are then able to attach them here using the paperclip icon I can check and inform you how to remove them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I enquired about the properties. Answer. There are no titles registered for these properties. As I have previously said , when I bought the properties all before 1982, you either left the deeds with a solicitor or put them in the bank for safe keeping. I did both, but after a while took them out and kept at home. So I presume there can't be any charges against them.

I see - despite it being unregistered land, charges can still be registered with the Land Registry and you will need to contact the Land Charges department on 0300(###) ###-####/p>

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you