How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In July 2015 I had Solar Panels fitted, an excellent

Customer Question

In July 2015 I had Solar Panels fitted, an excellent investment. Unfortunately an electronic device has failed resulting in hot water not being produced although the production of power continues and returned to National Grid. The installing company has ceased trading but I do have a 10 year warranty with IWA Deposit & Guarantee from Northampton.
They appear to be extremely slow in their handling of my claim. Unfortunately they say in their T&C that this is not an emergency service and also state on the phone that they will not reimburse me should I employ my own engineer to investigate and replace any part.
I am a retired Insurance Claims Manager (General Accident) and realise that this attitude was not acceptable or legal in my day, but that was several years ago. Do I have any rights in this matter now please?
Many thanks.
Malcolm Wilson FCIFA
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Malcolm my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you know the cost of putting it right please?