How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Recently, had a final order. My husband was ordered to

This answer was rated:

Recently, had a final order. My husband was ordered to transfer the title of a property with me but hasn't. He also did not fully comply with the final order. I need to try and get these enforced, should I hold fire with the decree absolute until this is resolved, so we can continue through the family court. Does it not make a difference? I would like an absolute as his financial situation is vary precarious, and incase anything happens to me.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Just for clarity - you have an Order sealed by the court dealing with all the financial issues?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ClareThe order was sorted at a final hearing, I have tried to add it, but cant see, to do it. But if you mean by sealed, it was typed up and sent by the court to me. It dealt with the financial issue, ordering my husband out of the property and to transfer the title to me. He left the property although breaching the order by taking property from it. He has not yet transferred the title and is unlikely to. I hope that helps.

You can go ahead with the Decree Absolute immediately - you have the final financial order and technically it only comes into effect from the Decree Absolute

You should then arrange for the Preparation of the Transfer documentation and send it to your ex.

If he has not signed it after 28 days then you can apply to the court for the Judge to sign it instead

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you