How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12088
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I signed - digitally- a contract to market a house. -company

Customer Question

I signed - digitally- a contract to market a house. -company
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: Sorry hit wrong key Signed with local agent - Freeman Forman to market my house-- talks about cooling off period. '' if I subsequently choose to cancel the contract during our statutory cooling off period, I agree to pay the sum of £500+VAT to cover your costs'' I signed on 11Oct ie Tues but the work since has been substandard & I feel I should cancel but am I really subject to a fee when one is not happy about the work?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

You can repudiate the contract if the other party is in material breach of the contract. So you have to list why you're not happy and if they are in material breach you wouldn't have to pay them.