How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

We are an Australian based company who have an appointed

Customer Question

We are an Australian based company who have an appointed agent in the UK.
This agent owes us a substantial amount of money and am concerned that he is making plans to declare the business insolvent which I am told is quite easy in the UK.
As he is in breach I can remove him and give the agency to another company or individual but this will take a little time.
is there anyway I can protect my assets prior to this UK agent declaring insolvency.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. How much money is being held on your behalf? Is it kept in a seperate escrow account? Have you demanded payment of the money?