How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My daughter's husband left her a year ago to live with

This answer was rated:

My daughter's husband left her a year ago to live with another woman. My daughter lives in the marital home and has joint car of their son, i.e. 2 days with her, 2 days with dad, 5 days with her, 5 days with dad. My son- in-law is now making noises about removing half of the household goods. Can he do that please? My daughter has been using a solicitor but currently does not have the money to carry on. She is trying to find the money to ask the court for their son to be with her and his father to have reasonable visitation.

Hi, thank you for your question. What belongings is he seeking to remove?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He has most of his personal items already and wants to collect remainder, which we know he is entitled to. But he is making noises about '50% of the household goods' , i.e. Gardening tools, crockery, linen, etc

As they are married it is not as straightforward as him trying to obtain 50% of the belongings. There has to be an agreement between them or it must be settled by the court. If he attempts to remove essential household items she can consider applying to court for an immediate injunction preventing him coming to the property.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you