How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34888
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have been divorced for 10 years, my children live with me

This answer was rated:

I have been divorced for 10 years, my children live with me 3days a week. My ex now wants me to pay maintenance. Our agreement was that I wouldn't as my ex is considerably better of than me. Can she change the arrangements via the child maintenance agency?

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that the fact that she is better off does not mean you do not need to pay child maintenance and she is free to make an applictaion to the Child Maintenance Service

You will however be able to claim a substantial discount because of the number of nights a week the children stay with you

Please ask if you need further details

Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you