How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My so decided to go and live with his birth mother 4 months

This answer was rated:

Hi there, my so decided to go and live with his birth mother 4 months ago after living with me his father. His mother put a claim into the csa and I have been informed that the payments should be £300 a month. I agreed this and have tried to pay, but my ex has not forwarded any bank account details to myself or the csa. What should I do ? And if she fails to provide banking details to mtself of the csa how long can she claim the payments off the of me in the future, can this hang over me forever ? I think she would like to claim In many years to come to try and make me ho bankrupt, and cause as much disruption to my life as possible. Any advice you can give will be deeply appreciate thanks Mark.

Hi, thank you for your question. You should continue to make efforts to obtain her bank details. You should contact her directly to request this. As there appears to now be a formal child maintenance application and calculation you will be liable for arrears until eligibility for child maintenance ends (either 16 if he does not continue education or up to 20 if he stays in education up to A-Levels or equivalent education or training). Until you obtain her details you should set the monthly amount aside as you remain legally liable to pay this despite not having bank details for her.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.