How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

My neighbour has deliberately planted a tree to block our

This answer was rated:

My neighbour has deliberately planted a tree to block our lovely view over a field next door. She said she would do this if I built a conservatory overlooking her garden. To preserve her privacy and with her consent I had a 10' fence erected. She does not believe my conservatory is legal even though I had an architect to check it out. Even though I spent over £1000 on the fence, she still went ahead with her threat and planted a tree in the field to block our view. She is an elderly lady and says the field belongs to her, but none of the neighbours believe this. I have made inquiries with HM Land Registry who say that the land is not registered with them. How can I find out who owns the land and can I legally require her to remove the tree?
Thank you, Brian ********

Hi Brian

Unfortunately this is not positive.

Firstly, if the land is unregistered there is no way to find out who owns it.

Secondly, if it is her land you cannot prevent her from planting a tree.

There are no rights to a view.

propertylawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HM Land Registry suggested that the Library might be able to find out who the owner is. I thought you might have a better idea. It is not easy for me to get to the library and spend time there as my wife has dementia and needs my 24 hour attention.