How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6459
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I m a private individual who a signed an agreement with a

This answer was rated:

Hi I m a private individual who a signed an agreement with a company , 1 they tell me there's no cooling off period in this agreement and 2 they say the agreement is attached to me as a person , how can this be ?? Are they going to try and stick the agreement to me or staple it to me because that's the definition of attach !! And I m being serious thanks

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did you sign it on their premises?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When can expect a response

I asked a question before I can give you the answer.

I asked: Did you sign it on their premises?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I didn't at my house and my wife as a witness thanks

What is the agreement for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A milk supply agreement to my milk company glanbia

As a consumer or business? (You I mean).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I m a person or man trying to make a living milking cows and supplying them with milk ,I don't have a company but not sure whether that makes me a consumer or a business

So you are selling milk to them and want to cancel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to break the agreement

Does the contract have a termination clause?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its bad news I am afraid. If this was a contract as a consumer then you would have a cooling off period.

But the definition of a consumer is someone who is pursuing a contract outside his business, trade or profession. This does not apply here as you are supplying milk.

As such you are not entitled to a cooling off period unless the contract says so. Unless it does then sadly you have a legally binding contract.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, I have a duty to be honest.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know what your saying but I m a man , not a consumer and that's where I m coming from , and how can they attach this agreement to me as a man that's what I really need to know because the definition of attach is stick , staple or by some other means if you know what I m trying to say and that's how I feel I can break the agreement there telling me it stays with me until the 5. Years are up thanks

I understand. If you want to break the agreement you can, BUT they can then sue you for breach of contract.

People enter long contracts all the time - look at a mortgage for example, 25 years.

But if you agreed to the contract then sadly you are bound by it.

Does that clarify?

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you