How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6741
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We have exchanged with the claimant standard disclosure by

This answer was rated:

we have exchanged with the claimant standard disclosure by list at the appointed time
the claimant sent his list 10 minutes later.
The claimant has included all his documents by category for example all correspondence from the council and all correspondence from the claimants agents without identifying anything document by document.
The claimant says that they do not have to identify individual documents.
Is this correct

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Yes for standard disclosure. However you can ask for an item by list if you want that or the Court has ordered it.

But generally it is by category and not by list.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the instructions on the CPR that the intention is to reduce the amount of documents by showing your evidence to the other party is not correct? We have showed them our entire defence document by document. The district judge told us that the timing was to prevent cheating and that we would face serious consequences if we did not get this right and that we would find it difficult to perform this task within the month given
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are not represented so are litigants in person. also murder victims so we have reasonable adjustment. we can not afford a lawyer. So totally dependent on public information

you do it by category then by list. The cpr is clear on this.

If you want disclosure on a detailed item by item basis you should ask them and say if they do not you will make an application to court.

If they still do not then make an application to court that they provide disclosure by list.

You can do this on form n244

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for the moment yes you have clarified the issue thank you

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you