How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I currently have a fixed term tenancy running (ending July

This answer was rated:

I currently have a fixed term tenancy running (ending July 2018) with no break clause.
It's on mine and my wife name. We'll be divorcing soon and we'd need to terminate the tenancy agreement for obvious reasons. Is there anything I can do? Thanks for your time.

Hi, thank you for your question. Are either you or her planning to remain in the property?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Thanks for getting back. No, neither of us will remain at the property.Regards,

Thanks for confirming. Unfortunately, as it is a fixed-terms tenancy with no break clause you are legally liable for the rent for the remainder of the term. However, given the breakdown of relationship you can propose to the landlord for an early break which you can do by agreement between both of you.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will try to contact the landlord in order to achieve an agreement. Regards, Giacomo

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris