How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6726
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

We currently run a mobile bar company in the UK that designs

This answer was rated:

We currently run a mobile bar company in the UK that designs and builds mobile bars that can dispense beer. We are now looking to allow customers to hire the bars from us to use in their own functions or events ( We will not provide staff, they will just be hiring the bar + beer dispense equipment from us ). Will the bar that we hire out require any licencing or will this be up to each customer to provide their own licence to sell alcohol.
For example - Customer Paul wants to hire one of our beer dispensing bars for his sons 21st birthday to set up in his garden.
Who will require what licence in order for this to be legal? What actions will be required for this to happen?
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

Hello Scott my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, you provide the physical bar, thats all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We only want to provide the physical bar, this includes the bar, the beer cooler, the keg connector and the gas connector. Thank you for your help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You can see an image of one of our bars at to get more of an idea of what we want to hire out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the first time I have used this website and was wondering on average how long it takes to receive an answer. Thanks again for your help.

Sure. I was considering this.

You dont need a licence, you are not operating the bar. You are only providing the physical bar itself.

Its like people who make bars for nightclubs being liable for a licence.

Its only the operator of the bar who needs a licence, not the maker.

So you dont need the licence.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Fantastic Jamie. "So you dont need the licence" was enough clarity for me. Thank you for your answer.

Great. I just wanted to be clear though