How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a place with a recently ex partner which I've been

Customer Question

I have a place with a recently ex partner which I've been doing up for the last 4 years (along with my dad who's a joiner) since we bought it. When we purchased the flat i had a mortgage on another house and couldn't go on the mortgage, so we just put it in her name. My uncle lent us £15,000 which we added to savings we already had for the 20% deposit we needed for the £145,000 property.The long term plan was to get me on the mortgage as soon as we could. We applied for a joint remortgage this summer but before it went though she decided to end our relationship, moved back to her parents and then instructed our solicitors to stop the remortgage going though.
My question is what legal rights do i have i this situation? What can/should i do?
I've been told i can apply to go on the deeds. Is this true and would it help with any entitlement to the property?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

Did you protect your investment with a Declaration of Trust?