How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34898
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have inherited a quarter share in a small bungalow I want

This answer was rated:

I have inherited a quarter share in a small bungalow I want to sell my share. I need to know my rights.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2 of the people don't want to sell, and one is living in the house rent free

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did the Will say anything about when the property could be sold?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Has the property already been transferred into your joint names?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The current situation is that two people don't want to sell, and one of them is living in the house rent free.

In that case the three of you own the property on the basis of a "Trust for Sale" and that Trust for sale can be called in at any time.

This means that you can apply to the Court for an order for Sale using the Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act - which will be granted, and an Order that the third person mays 'Occupational " rent for your share of the property

The process is described here

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you