A crown court case in which I have an interest has been

A crown court case in which I have an interest has been listed for further hearing following the PTPH. Will the date for trial already have been determined or will this be set at the further hearing? I have been given a trial date in early January but there is no event recording of this

It depends what the further hearing is?

Is this just for case management?

Or pre trial review?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I don't know - it is a historical sexual offence case and just shows as listed for a date in November - I am professionally rather than personally connected with the defendant

There is no way of knowing then.

Generally speaking a trial date would be set down at the PTPH but there are occasions when that cannot be done or there is a need to break the date for other reasons.

Of course, even if set down they could always seek to vacate it for other reasons.

Obviously court serve does contain a list of trial dates but you would have to follow it every evening the night before the trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you - I am hoping that something more may show in the record of the further hearing when this has taken place - it was just that having been given a specific trial date I would have expected this to be recorded in the PTPH event log

Well, it would.

But that isn't open to the public.

Also, it could still be varied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK that's fine, thank you for your time

No problem.

All the best