How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6453
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I would like a list of landlords to whom my council pays

This answer was rated:

I would like a list of landlords to whom my council pays benefit directly. They have replied that this is personal information covered by Data Protection. However, I know of at least one person who has received this information from another council. I would like to know whether or not this information is in the public domain and should be given to me.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

The Council are correct. This is covered under the Data Protection Act, UNLESS the Landlord(s) give consent

If they give consent the list can be published.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you