How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have shared custody of my daughter alt weekends and alt

This answer was rated:

I have shared custody of my daughter alt weekends and alt wednesdays inc overnight
recently my daughter burnt her hand on my stove im an idiot i know but now have a fixed childguard to the wall
is this grounds for her to stop access ?
best wishes

Hi, thank you for your enquiry. Please confirm:

-How old is your daughter?

-Are there any court orders in place?

-Was medical attention sought and what was the prognosis and treatment?

-Have the arrangements been suspended?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
3 in januaryyes court order for me to have specific access alt weekends and alt wednesdays and i have shared pryes i took her to hospital and adminstered first aid myself, prognosis burnt hand requiring skin peel and allow tme to heal re dressings (incidentally been back to hospital with her and doctors say all is good and believe 100 % recovery)- she has sent several threats saying she intends to stop me seeing her

Thanks for confirming. Are social services taking any action or carried out an investigation, if so what stage and what outcome have they given, if any?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard anything from anyone official other than her threats

Thanks for confirming. The simple fact is accidents do happen and you need to demonstrate that it was an accident and that you immediately safeguarded her by taking her to hospital and seeking medical treatment. If the mother stops any court ordered arrangements you should consider applying to court using form C79 for enforcement of the order. She may raise the incident as a child protection issue, and a CAFCASS officer or social worker may investigate this.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was an accident and i have now got a fire guard so feel i have acted accordingley, may ring surestart (caf cass based org) and ask them to check my house or do you think thats inviting trouble, hope i dont have to find out what that form means and represent myself again

That form is to enforce the existing child arrangement order if the mother does not comply with the terms.

If the mother keeps raising this as an issue it may be helpful to have a report outlining that there are no child protection risks at your home and that you are able to safeguard her safety.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you