How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Does my ex wife have the right to refuse allowing me to skpe

Customer Question

Does my ex wife have the right to refuse allowing me to skpe or have my eldest daughters (11years) mobile number at all, doctors, dental records , and only allowing me to speak to them every 3 nights through my ex wifes mobile.she refuses to send any photo of there first day at school either. They have moved 3 hour's away . I see them every 3rd weekend and half the holidays through a parenting plan but I didn't have anything wrote in for the above as it wasn't a issue 16 months ago
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Other than a parenting plan is there a court order in plaxe regarding the arrangements?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a court order which I took my ex to court to get, back in July 2015.
It is I pick up and bring back to abingdon daisy 11years and poppy 7 years every 3rd weekend in term time and half the school holidays ,and also if we both agree, (which is proving diffucult for my ex to agree to), be able to see them at other times in Manchester where they live now (I live in oxford). These holiday times are being agreed ,but not the skpe , daisys mobile number, dentist , doctors details as these weren't put in the original court order as these wasn't an issue at the time.
But have now become a big problem for me
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. Unless she has reason to state that Skype and telephone contact is causing them harm, there should be reasonable provision for this to take place as they get older.

In relation to medical records you have a right to access these as you have parental responsibility by virtue of marriage and you do not need her consent for this.

In relation to the Skype and telephone contact, as this is not in the order if she continues to refuse this you would need to make a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. If mediation does not help, then you will be able to pursue an application to court under Form C100 together with a £215 court fee to your local family court to vary the child arrangement order and the court can make a decision regarding the matter. For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1. The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you,

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.