How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6420
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I have had a flat put under the prohibition order by the

This answer was rated:

I have had a flat put under the prohibition order by the local council due to the staircase collapse and at the moment I am doing additional refurbishment of the kitchen/bethroom and all other rooms. Whilst this work is getting under way I am facing difficulties in getting the access from the ground floor tennant and freeeholder in order to replace the totem stairs. In my view they suffered decay due to the owners neglect of the maintenance and partly because it's been not lived in for the last 5-10 years but just occasionally they went in and out to cause disturbance and to prevent any work I had to do on property maintenance.
All this in my mind led to stair collapses and now I need to find the correct way to get them to slower my builders access but I also need to know if it is caused by their neglect as the property is left to disrepair.
Apart from stair repair I need to get them to grant the access onto what is their land around house in order to get the access to the necessary roof repairs. This Wes attempted in many occasions and stopped by freeholder causing the builders to just Abingdon the work due to being attacke, bullied, called names...
1. Who to speak with who can help with all the issues?
2. What are the right steps
3. How much will it all cost
4. Can you recommend someone in HGS area?
Thank you!

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I do not quite understand, why is the freeholder refusing access?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why can't you give the answers based on the presented facts? They are just that kind of people and I need to find the legal way where I know I am doing everything just by the book as I desperately need to refurbish and get the tenants back in so I can have an income that I rely on to live.

You want to know how to force access from the freeholder, is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok, you need to write and ask for access or say you will get a court order. If he refuses then you can get a solicitor to write and ask for access or warn of court, or you can just seek an injunction yourself.

You would need to complete form n1

And n16a

The court will list the matter for hearing and decide whether to order that you have access. If the court orders access and the freeholder refuses the this could be contempt of court which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?
How do you propose to do this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Who do I send those forms to?

Your local County Court.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the info. There is only one aspect of this question that I would like the answer to. What kind of lawyer should I look for to get this sorted for me and how to find them?

Just a regulator civil litigation Solicitor. Or one that deals with Landlord/Tenant disputes

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!

If I could ask you to rate my answer before you go today, by clicking on the 5 stars or happy face, otherwise the site does not pay me for the time spent with you today. Thank you in advance and good luck!

Jamie-Law and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you