How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Bought house 40 years ago with husband. My father put up

Customer Question

bought house 40 years ago with husband. My father put up deposit. left husband after 1 year because of abuse. he stayed in house for a while then deserted. property in process of reposessed by council. manage to stay execution and moved back into property. paid for mortgage for many years until paid up in 1996. now husband goes to lawyers and want half of the property. never contributed anything.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How much is the house worth and what is your ex's current financial position?