How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter and her boyfriend have split up and they have a

Customer Question

My daughter and her boyfriend have split up and they have a five year old daughter her boyfriend keeps causing trouble if my daughter says he can't have for whatever reason he says he will just come and take her fro her home or school can he do this he says she's he's daughter no one can stop him is he right
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Is the father named on the birth certificate?

-Have there been any agreements regarding arrangements?

-How often has he done this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Year is on birth certificate
Yes arrangements have been made by both of them
He has her every other weekend and sometimes after school
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't want phone call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How can she get full custody
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He's said it a few times
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He says it all the time
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 35 years.

Since her father has Parental Responsibility for the child then he could collect the child from school - but he has no right to remove her when she is with her mother.

If he does remove her from school - or fails to return her after contact - your daughter could make an Urgent applictaion to the court for the return of the child to her care which would be granted.

She could then go on and apply for a Child Arrangement Order confirming that the child lives with her - and a Prohibited Steps Order preventing him from removing her from her mother's care

Your daughter should offer to discuss matters with her ex using Family mediation

to agree a Parenting Plan.

She can read more here

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details