How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

House just failed to complete because part of deposit was

Customer Question

Hello house just failed to complete because part of deposit was gifted which got sent to my conveyancer,day before that my girlfriend and me had a row,she went running to her dad who had gifted deposit to me but had specified that she must live there to,i had no idea of that clause and were fine now,but surely they should have told me this,because she plans keep her place for a while,do feel like im trapped here,i'm in breach of contract and nobody will tell me anything,my girlfriend currently getting a declaration of trust drawn up to protect her dads money if house sold,mortgage in my name only can they make me sell house if split up when only my name on mortgage
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the price of the house and how much is her father lending you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
House is £135 and he's £9k i also pay £9k deposit and legal fees
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Did you not assume that the money would only come if his daughter was going to live there as well?