How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6461
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

I was wondering if I can get legal aid for my solicitor and

Customer Question

I was wondering if I can get legal aid for my solicitor and pay my barrister fees directly for an appeal.
This is a criminal case.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is a fraud case.
We are filing for misrepresentation as the barrister took a deal on an amount the prosecution put forward, which we did not agree with.
We have the same solicitor and were using legal aid.
The new barrister we have got does not accept legal aid.
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help with this.

Yes you can get legal aid and pay your Barrister private.

So you can do this.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?