How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am the trustee of £22500 left to my mother by my

Customer Question

I am the trustee of £22500 left to my mother by my grandmother. The will, for which I was granted probate specifically sets out what the trust can be used for. My mother is on benefit, and the local council has stopped her benefit saying she has this money in savings and as such I should transfer all the funds to her to pay her bills (the money is in my name and only I and my partner have access to it). When the money is reduced significantly they would look at reinstating her benefit. Can the local council make this request - the money was intended for a funeral upon my mothers death, and for any items she may need that she could not otherwise afford (fridge/freezer/clothing etc).
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall o omy best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the exact wording of the Will