How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ben Jones Your Own Question
Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 49858
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ben Jones is online now

I am working as care assistant at Prime care services 1

Customer Question

I am working as care assistant at Prime care services*****Balsall heath Birmingham B12 9RG from 14 Oct2015 on 30th september 2016 they put a new contract to sign as they said new management took the charge and they said they are not going to give mileage money on ward and with out any prior information they hold the money of our wadges as it should be of 4 weeks from 12 sept 2016 to 9 sept 2016 which should be 1232.25 with out mileage and with mileage it should be 1382.25 and 53 remaining of previous month mileage money but they gave only 837.81 I am facing hard ship, one more thing they are not giving me my pay slip as wel as no one from management willing to talk to me. Now I don't know what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

What reason have they given you for not providing you with a payslip as yet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know before they provide it after 2 3 days but now after more than a week still they are not giving it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is dificult for me to pay again and again because already I am facing hard ship
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a cardiac patient as well as diabetic and my age is going to be 58 on 3rd of Nov i am having a cardiac cathetrisation and on 23 oct I had an road accident in which my car was right off
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ben It is not possible for me to pay £44 as i already paid 46
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. No problem at all and thank you for your response; please leave it with me. I am in court today so will prepare my advice during the day and get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Thank you.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Many thanks for your patience. Before you consider any more formal action you would be best advised to pursue this internally directly with the agency. Check if they have a formal grievance or complaints procedure and follow it. If there are others in the same position as you it may be a good idea for all of you to get together and make a group complaint.

If this does not resolve matters then your only way of trying to get the money you believe you are owed is via the small claims court. It is not that expensive to pursue it through the and even if you lose you would not be responsible for the employer’s legal fees so it is a relatively low risk option. Of course that should be used as a last resort only but it is there if you need it and starting to put the employer on notice that you may go down that route could actually work in twisting their arm a bit to try and resolve this.

Please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars. I can continue answering follow up questions and in particular can also discuss the steps you need to follow if you ate to pursue this further. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can still continue this discussion. Thank you