How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was away from home whilst a cci was issued and now it's

Customer Question

I was away from home whilst a cci was issued and now it's gone past 30 days payment period. Can I get the ccj put aside? Then just pay the bill?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ccj not cci,
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have a defence to the claim please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Refer to original question; to clarify: I've been away from my home and was unaware of court proceedings and therefore unable to respond / pay within 30 days to eliminate the ccj, so can the ccj be removed (not satisfied) / set aside, if I pay now, late, but due to me not being able to pay earlier because of not knowing?