How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a case where I have loaned money to what were so

Customer Question

I have a case where I have loaned money to what were so called friends?? I am now owed a large sum of money which I want to recover from them. Due to costs and grey areas I have legally already been advised to go through small claims court to try and recover the money!
I am terminally ill. Money was loaned verbally on a promise back in June and that it would be repaid on full via a loan at that time. We did it then so that they would not lose the Motorhome that we purchased for them when we were friends. I received cash amounts to the value of £5000 of the total loaned of £13000 back in July. I have written to them but have had no response to date!
I have receipts, bank statements and witnesses that the money was loaned as they may argue that it was a gift as we have done much for them but obviously they are now not interested in paying back the money!
How do I stand please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Do they have any money? Can they repay?