How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am having misunderstanding with my wife.she took the kids

Customer Question

i am having misunderstanding with my wife.she took the kids out on Friday night .I checked for her around and was informed from a fellow church member that she said she is fine where she is and that she has informed the police that she is fine where she is a a welfare check.the police came to my house on Friday to look for me .I was out they met my mother and they said they will come back in few hours up untill now the police has not come back.This evening after 24 hrs I called her phone severally she will not pick.i texted her to let me know the kids are fine up untill now I have not got a reply.i suspect she is in my daughter God mother House.i have called the Godmothers house she did not pic I messaged to as if the kids are with her in her house she did not say no or yes.CAN I REPORT THEM MISSING.I HAVE PARENTAL REPONSIBILTY.THE KIDS ARE NOT KNOWN TO SOCIAL SERVICES.CAN I GO TO THE POLICE STATION TO DEMAND THAT I KNOW WHERE THEY ARE AND THAT THEY ARE OK.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. As you know where they are, as you have seen her car, you can contact the police to check that the children are ok

Thereafter you shoulf consider applying for a child arrangement order using form C100 and a £215 court fee to your local family court so that there is an order regulating arrangements for the children.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

You cannot report the chidlren as missing as you know that they are with their mother - and indeed you have a good idea about where they are.

In fact whilst the police will visit and check that they are OK they will NOT tell you where they are - only that they are "safe and well"

You need to be very careful about how often you drive past the godmother's house - and you must not call her again as there is a very real risk that she will report it as harassment

Realistically it appear that your wife has left you - which does NOT mean that your relationship with your children should be put on hold.

One way forward is to make an immediate referral to Family mediation using the gOdmother's address for your wife

In addition if and when you decide to apply to the court the form you need is a C1 available here

Please ask if you need further details