How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a court order from 2008 after my divorce that I would

Customer Question

Hello I have a court order from 2008 after my divorce that I would get some money if ny e died or sold the house
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If my ex died or sold the house..I did not lodge it at the time how do I stand
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Do you mean that this was a Consent Order that was never sealed by the court?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No a court order stating I would recieve ex amount of money from my ex if he died or sold the house. But when I divorced and took my name of the title deeds I should have lodged my court order at that time 2008..what can I do now?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Ah - so the Order was made but you did not Register the restriction at the Land Registry?

Does your ex still own the house?