How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been given an Abatement Notice in respect of Noise

Customer Question

I have been given an Abatement Notice in respect of Noise Nuisance under Environmental Protection Act 1990 Section 80 via the local Council. With less than 21-Days to appeal I wish to have my side of the argument heard by the Magistrates' court therefore I ask what is the procedure and protocol?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you taken any steps yet please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Contacted Local Council regarding this issue. I wish to appeal on the grounds of the misuse of the "1990" act Section 80 Environmental Act 1990 Abatement of Notice in respect of Noise Nuisance. A misuse of the this Act on the principle that the noise levels are not excessive. The local Council installed a Noise level Meter in next door neighbours house. There is no Data available from these measurements and I wish to find out if a Scientific Protocol has been followed. There is virtually no noise from these neighbours which is an exact opposite from a Noisy neighbour. This makes me wonder regarding the occupancy of these Tenants and to find out when this measuring device is switched on during their absence. What is the procedure to approach the Magistrates Court?