How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukvisasolutions Your Own Question
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukvisasolutions is online now

Iam Iraqi women on tire 4 visa in the uk. My visa will

Customer Question

Iam Iraqi women on tire 4 visa in the uk. My visa will expire on 12 this month. I want to change to tire 2 visa. I have got a sponsorship from nhs trust fullfuling all the legal requirements, I had my master degree also done .
However , because my study was fully funded from the british foreign office in iraq, I need to have their consent to switch.
I have contacted them since September, they granted my concent since October, but , due to technical issues in posting, an official letter will be sent on 6 of November and will arrive after a month. I have a scanned copy for the letter, I also have tens of email to prove every thing.
My question, can I apply for the visa with this scanned copy and the emails as evidence of consent . Will the home office accept this ?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your query.

Essentially your question is whether you can use the scanned copy as evidence of consent from your Sponsor.

The answer to your question is set out in the Tier 2 Policy Guidance which can be found here:

The relevant section applicable to you states:

You may have been sponsored in your studies by Her Majesty’s Government, your home government or any international scholarship agency. For the purpose of this section of the guidance ’sponsored’ means wholly supported by an award which covers both fees and living costs. If you have had such sponsorship within the past 12 months, you must provide us with the Government or international scholarship agency’s unconditional consent in writing, giving you their permission to remain in or re-enter the UK.

18. Any documentary evidence that you provide must be issued by an authorised official of the issuing organisation and be:

original (unless we say otherwise); and

 on the official letter-headed paper or stationery of the organisation.

It is clear from the above guidance that is compulsory to provide the original letter. You could ask your employer to contact the Home Office as see if they will accept the scanned copy. The above guidance (see italic and underlined) that the may be able to accept scanned copy if they agree.

Otherwise, it is simply up to the discretion of the Home Office if they will accept the scanned copy or not.

Please kindly do not forget to rate my answer positively.

Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.
Hi, please kindly rate my answer. If you have any queries please let me know.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.
If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.
To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password ***** you will not be able to view or rate your answer.
If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.
Thank you,
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 1 year ago.

Please kindly rate my answer. Thanks