How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6437
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Our family has purchased 5 properties in Bootle from a

Customer Question

Good morning!
Our family has purchased 5 properties in Bootle from a property developer with a view to renting them out. The property developer has promised us 8% Assured Rental for the first year, with him acting as Landlord on our behalf and he as appointed an Estate Agent to manage the properties.
We completed the purchase of the properties on 12th April 2016.
We have received no communication re the renting out of the 5 properties from either the managing Estate Agent or the Property Developer, and we just found out by chance that 2 of the properties have been now rented out, but we have not been paid any of the Assured Rental on either the rented out or waiting to be rented out properties, which is a Breach of Contract.
We would now like to pursue the matter legally, and would like help in finding a specialist solicitor, please. to help us deal with the matter. I live in Harrow, Middx and my daughter lives in Norwich, Norfolk.
Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you owed please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think it is somewhere around the 9K mark
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund of the £9000 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?