How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

A person has a police caution for a minor offence, actually

Customer Question

A person has a police caution for a minor offence, actually looking a low level pictures quite a few years ago. The police said that a small number, less than 10 pictures, were of girls under 18, but had no proof of this. The solicitor advised him to accept a caution, and he was placed on the sex offenders register. I am told that the law has now changed and he will be on the register for the rest of his life for this very trivial offence and it affects his ability to get some jobs that he is applying for. Can he do anything to resolve this as he appears to be suffering a life sentence for what was a very trivial offence?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can continue to wait for a reply
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

how long ago did this happen please?