How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 6782
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Is it unlawful under human rights act to have panel

Customer Question

Is it unlawful under human rights act to have panel unqualified assessors to assess u at dwp work capability apt and can dwp over rule a qualified dr or consultant
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm chronically ill severe kidney pain and many other chronic conditions on opiates for 19yrs I've asked to pit in the support catergory of ESA not WRAG mean work related catergory as so ill Dwp have ignored experts in past from guys hosp London. And they send panel of assessors like care asst paramedics etc who don't have any medical knkwledge knowledge of my renal mean kidney condition cannot afford anymore as I've paid £56. And it's more for telephone call I'm on ESA
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Is it lawful - yes it is. That is because the government prescribed it and said that they can do it. So yes, it is lawful.

However if they find against you, then you can appeal to a Tribunal.

They are independent of the DWP and you can get your own medical evidence to support you.

But at this stage, it is legal, because you have a right to appeal.

I am sorry if this is not necessarily the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?