How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am going thru a Divorce ( sperated for 3 years), my

Customer Question

i am going thru a Divorce ( sperated for 3 years)
, my daughter has learning disability and now the Social services are asking for a joint power of attorney to be set up for her health and this common practice? my daughter is 20 years old.
please help?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

Yes this is standard practise - designed to protect your adult daughter

Please ask if you need further details