How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

Family low I am a divorced woman one Month ago My ex husband

Customer Question

Family low
I am a divorced woman one Month ago
My ex husband had injunction against my while I was in Egypt getting a divorce
I went to the surprised Short notice hearing last Friday.The juge allowed me to stay in my joined tenancy flat .separated us I am in the Louge and my ex in the bedroom
I can't go out to buy my nessatiy shopping
Because all my private papers and clothes in the Louge
I need help and support or someone to talk to
Please help I called the police twice already
Once he locked me out by changing the council Main door lock
Secondly when his solicitor gave the hearing document he pushed me when I said I am not going and heart my left side in my face
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am so scared from my ex I am Muslim woman he keep comming to the lounge
Because we Share the kitchen and toilet
I can't prevent him becous e the kitchen is through the lounge
He has a lock in his bedroom so he can go out the flat easy and I have nothing to lock my private items
Please help ...urgent so stressed creating even when I am writing to you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Have you approached the local authority housing department for assistance? If there is evidence of domestic violence they may be able to rehouse you urgently.

In relation to your belongings have you considered putting a lock on your door to prevent him coming in when you are not there?

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.