How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I let a house, which I own, through a reputable agent with

Customer Question

I let a house, which I own, through a reputable agent with no problems, on short term let.
The tenant has broken up with her partner, so she and their child are continuing to rent the property but the partners name is ***** ***** the agreement, however we weren't informed that the partner had left for some while.
Very recently it has come to light that that another person is staying there, apparently only of 3 or 4 days a week 'to help with the rent'
Legally how do I stand with this. The agent is not yet aware of this as I only found out last weekend and with the tenancy due to be renewed in February wonder how I should proceed with this.
Thank you *****
Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Lynda my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is it you want to achieve please?