How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have a question regarding house benefits!I had house

Customer Question

Hi! I have a question regarding house benefits!I had house benefit As I have a child with severe disability, my husband left the country for 4 years when he returned back council ask me to pay back to them £46.000! The lady was on the desk when I went to declare that my husband returned she said don't worry you don't need to pay the money back it will be deducted from the hosing benefits you will make claim now!Now my son has passed away I have announced them so the payment will stop! I received a letter today asking me to pay the amount they paid me when my husband was away if the uk but the amount went down £6000. I'm asking can I do anything about it as I'm not able to pay the colossal amount of money? Please I need some advice!!! Thank you Ana
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello Ana my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you dispute the overpayment please?