How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10736
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I witnessed my brother being hit by a car 20 years ago by an

Customer Question

I witnessed my brother being hit by a car 20 years ago by an illegal immigrant driving illegally on an unlit road at night. i didn't sue anyone at the time because I was suffering mental health it possible to reopen the case and sue any agency for negligence.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am afraid you are time barred from taking any action ( as 3 years has passed). To be honest, as the immigrant did not have any insurance, you would not have been able to sue him anyway, and no-one else would have been liable to pay you any compensation as a bystander. I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but it sets out the legal position. Kind Regards Al