How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am required to attend a hearing by the English Bridge

Customer Question

I am required to attend a hearing by the English Bridge Union regarding allegations of cheating. I am not guilty and have compiled a large dossier of evidence refuting the charge. I also have a group of witnesses who will testify for me. However, I live in Yorkshire, as do almost all my witnesses, and the EBU insists on holding the hearing in London, but without giving any reason. I am retired and cannot possibly afford the expense of a trip to London for myself and all my witnesses. The hearing will probably last more than one day, so there would be the additional expense of overnight accommodation. Can I apply for a court order to require the hearing to be held in Yorkshire?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jenny replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a solicitor and I am happy to help you today. Have you asked for the hearing to be heard elsewhere?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.