How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am looking for information regarding selling a story to

Customer Question

My Name is***** am looking for information regarding selling a story to the press. My daughter was raped by 2 men 10 years ago. Due to countless failings on the part of police Scotland to which they have admitted in writing the 2 men walked free. The officer who was in charge of the case was put under investigation for misconduct of duty and was allowed to take early retirement and no action can be brought against him. We have a very long list of failings on behalf of Police Scotland and the Crown office. If Police Scotland and the Crown office had carried out their duty of care to our family and investigated the case properly and the 2 men walked free because of insufficient evidence then we as a family would have to accept this and get on with our lives. As it stands 2 rapists are walking free because of the incompetence of people we put our trust in and we are as tax payers contributing to the pension of an officer who should have been fired from his position. The rape was committed in 2006. The officer in question concluded that there was not enough evidence to go the PF. It was only after years of me trying to get answers that we were told this. The case was re investigated and went to trial in 2014 and after many mistakes were made by Police Scotland and the Crown office the 2 accused walked free. I have had countless meetings and correspondence with police Scotland and the crown office to no satisfaction. I would be grateful for any information you could give our family. My contact details are Tel***********e-mail***@******.*** . Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would it be possible to discuss on the phone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When would you be able to call ?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not going to be able to do that realistically until Sunday. I am away at the moment. I could do it then?