How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am trying to stop the demolition of a bungalow opposite to

Customer Question

I am trying to stop the demolition of a bungalow opposite to where I live in a Conservation Area and its replacement by a hideously ugly flat-roofed two-storey house, contrary to what I believe is the duty of the local authority (Wycombe District Council, Buckinghamshire) to prevent. I have been given the run-around by the Financial Conduct Authority and by the Police (to whom they referred me), and am so far getting nowhere. I have just been referred to you as a possible help.
Can you oblige, please? My name and address are:-
Roderick Taylor,
'Little Mell',
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Is the issue here that this building has planning consent and you don’t think that it is in keeping?

What have the Financial Conduct authority got to do with this? It seems most odd to refer this to them? Am I missing something?

How many other people are opposed to this development?

Did you put in a formal objection to the development and if there was any kind of meeting, did you attend?