How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I live in high rise flat built i think late 60.s early 70's.

Customer Question

I live in high rise flat built i think late 60.s early 70's. The laying Laminate flooring onto the concrete floor in the flat above has made the noise unbearable. My council say the tennants are not in breach of builing regs and the change is cosmetic so they can do nothing.
However I have noticed on the net Noise control in buildings for residential use in England and Wales is regulated using Approved Document E. This Building Regulation now applies to any kind of building used as a dwelling, including houses and apartments;
I beleive the aim of the regulation is to protect residents from the noise of activities in other rooms or adjoining properties. My question is "Is my local Council / Housing Authority bound by Approved Document E.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does the Council own the block?